- While visiting Shivalya, please maintain peace and silence.
- All activities shall be in keeping with the dignity and respect for the sanctity of a holy place and according to Hindu traditions and rites.
- We request that everyone visiting Shivalya dress in an appropriate manner. We encourage you to wear Indian clothing but do not require it whilst visiting Shivalya
- No one is allowed to put kumkum, chandan,rice, flowers and fruits directly on the Murties, keep everything on offring table and you can write your name on a paper so priest will offer on your behalf.
- While a pooja/ritual ceremony is in progress please refrain from engaging in acts that may distract the concentration of other devotees. For example: no ringing of bells or coming to alter. If you wish to do these acts please wait until the pooja is over.
- Please refrain from touching any of the Gods/idols.
- The offerings should be placed on the separate table and there should not be any offering to God directly unless permission from the Priest.
- No food or drink shall be taken or consumed inside the pooja room except prasad.
- Please turn your mobile phones off or put on silent while inside Shivalya.
- All air conditioning and electrical systems and facilities must not be violated or changed by anyone other than a committee member or staff as permitted by the Management.
- Please remove your shoes and leave on shoe racks provided before entering the pooja/prayer area. If you are not comfortable being barefoot, please bring a pair of socks with you.
- All food served at the temple shall be saatvik (vegetarian with no garlic and onions).
- Smoking or consumption of alcohol at Shivalya, or visiting when intoxicated is prohibited.
- No pets are allowed inside the prayer hall or Shivalya. The Management would be glad to provide assistance to devotees with special needs.
- Please refrain from use of language that may be deemed to be abusive or offensive.
- No posters, announcements or advertisements shall be placed or displayed without prior permission from the management.
- Parents shall supervise children at all times and ensure that children do not cause any disturbance or damage to the premises.
- Any trash or garbage should be thrown into the garbage bins.
- No Item should be borrowed or removed from Shivalya premises. No personal and household items should be left in the premises. All items left in Shivalya either unsolicited or requested/donated shall be deemed to be owned by Shivalya permanently and can be used, moved, sold or disposed or discarded a month after the item was left, at the discretion of Management.
- As Shivalya belongs to all devotees, please provide as much service to the temple possible. Your service (sewa) may be in the form of helping in the clean up after meals, cleaning in and around the temple etc.
- If you have any suggestions or feedback, please put them in writing in the suggestion box or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The devotee who has booked an event at Shivalya shall be solely and fully responsible for all actions, behavior and conduct of all their guests and invited visitors at the premises.
· The devotee who books space in Shivalya for an event is required to properly clean the temple carpet, kitchen, dining area, the refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, sinks, bench tops and all pots and utensils used at the function.
Although the management committee will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of all visitors and devotees, all users must assume the full responsibility of their actions and conduct whilst at Shivalya premises. The management or the Association will not under any circumstance whatsoever be responsible or liable for any injury or damage caused to or suffered by anyone or their property at any time whilst at or around Shivalya's premises.